L5R Bushido
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Campaign and World Notes Mass Storage

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SOLDIER

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jeraldo
Admin
Jeraldo

SOLDIER Empty
PostSubject: SOLDIER   SOLDIER Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 7:33 pm

Dungeon Master: Jeraldo
Players: Braddleborn

Theme: Sci-fi / Fantasy

The world that SOLDIER takes place in is a tech heavy, fantasy setting in which machines and magic are combined into many aspects of everyday life. The story begins by following the life and actions of EAH-1331, a spec ops combat unit with a damaged memory core, who has developed an affinity for wind magic.

A SOLDIER is an augmented humanoid that gradually becomes more and more robotic over time, fusing the precision of machines with the instinct and situational learning potential of living beings. Though most SOLDIERs make up the bulk of the common military there are special exceptions that arise when certain unknown factors align within a subject during the initial implant of the evolving core. The results are those who make up the special forces, which possess special magical abilities in addition to the normal augmentations.

Prep: Prior to posting the game in the forum there was a short vocal RP session involving the awakening process. One short scene involving the initial wake up process where unit 1331 found himself strapped to a cold table and confused, followed by a slightly longer scene where 1331 became more familiar with his new weapon systems in a sort of showcase for the "investors"
Back to top Go down
https://l5r-bushido.board-directory.net
Jeraldo
Admin
Jeraldo

SOLDIER Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOLDIER   SOLDIER Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2015 5:19 am

Scene: a set of four pods are laid out in a large room in each of its four corners. Each glow slightly with a different color (green, red, yellow and blue), with wires of these colors running from the pods to the large pillar in the center of the room that reach from the floor to the ceiling. All sorts of panels flash bright lights on all sides of this pillar. There are no doors in or out of this room but a single window (3 feet by 2.5 feet) on the east wall shows a beautiful courtyard with grass, trees and a fountain where children are playing (the window does not open).

---------------

You find yourself inside the pod that glows a dim green, inside you are laying down on your back looking through the glass shell at the ceiling. A series of tubes is making sure your body is drained of waste and supplied nutrients, the only other feature of note is a button marked 'OPEN'
Back to top Go down
Braddleborn

Braddleborn

SOLDIER Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOLDIER   SOLDIER Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2015 3:38 pm

As I wake up inside the pod I begin to panic at the thought of me being trapped inside. I can feel tubes coming out of almost every part of my body, and combined with the metallic limbs and chest the feeling of being less than human is overwhelming. I spot the button labelled open on the inside of the tube and try and move my arm up to hit the button and free myself from the prison.
Back to top Go down
Jeraldo
Admin
Jeraldo

SOLDIER Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOLDIER   SOLDIER Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2015 8:38 pm

You are able to easily move your hand around within the pod to reach the button. As you release it the tubes connected to your body release and retract into the inner walls before the top half of the pod slightly raises itself and slides down to give you plenty of room to exit.
Back to top Go down
Braddleborn

Braddleborn

SOLDIER Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOLDIER   SOLDIER Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 5:38 pm

As I sit up and climb out of the tube I look around me. The room felt cold, no sign of any warmth at all with the exception of the lights coming from the tubes in the other corners of the room and the small window. I check the tube where my body was stored to see if my weapon was put in with me before it was sealed before I would continue over to the red tube in the room as it gave off the warmest light
Back to top Go down
Jeraldo
Admin
Jeraldo

SOLDIER Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOLDIER   SOLDIER Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2015 4:30 pm

You don't find your weapon in the pod or on your body. As you approach the red glowing pod you see through the glass shell that there is another person inside. You can mostly just see his face which looks like a man in his younger twenties with bright yellow hair and sharp features. His eyes are closed as if still sleeping.
Back to top Go down
Braddleborn

Braddleborn

SOLDIER Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOLDIER   SOLDIER Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2015 5:45 pm

Upon seeing another person in the tube I thought about how I felt while trapped inside the tube and figured I had to do whatever I could to get them out. I searched for a crease in the tube to get my fingers into and would plant myself firmly into the ground and attempt to pull it open with all my strength.
Back to top Go down
Jeraldo
Admin
Jeraldo

SOLDIER Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOLDIER   SOLDIER Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2015 6:48 pm

As you mess with the pod the person inside feels their chamber being moved around a little and opens their eyes. The eyes of this young man look fairly robotic, his sclera are solid black matching his pupils with bright yellow iris. He doesn't move much other than his head yet as he gives you a confused look.
Back to top Go down
Braddleborn

Braddleborn

SOLDIER Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOLDIER   SOLDIER Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2015 6:55 pm

I continue to pull on the container as I notice the man stirring inside. I looked into his eyes and yelled out "Don't worry! I'm gonna get you out of there!" I'd put more energy into my pulling, trying to use my augmented strength to my advantage to help free the only other human I've seen in person since my awakening.
Back to top Go down
Jeraldo
Admin
Jeraldo

SOLDIER Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOLDIER   SOLDIER Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2015 7:20 pm

The man inside seems to chuckle a little as he moves his hand and pushes a button like you did. The top slides off to reveal his full form, complete with two solid black robotic arms. Without sitting up he gives you a sympathetic look and speaks, "I'm gonna guess you're new here."

Visual:
Back to top Go down
Braddleborn

Braddleborn

SOLDIER Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOLDIER   SOLDIER Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 5:52 pm

I backed away as the tube opened and would inspect the man. Is this what I looked like to others? As he spoke I would respond "Well yeah, I am, and I've been given no accurate explanation as to who or where I am." I'd look around at the other tubes in the room before looking back to the man in front of me and asked "Are there people in the other tubes as well then?"
Back to top Go down
Jeraldo
Admin
Jeraldo

SOLDIER Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOLDIER   SOLDIER Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 6:02 pm

The man in the pod sits up and stretches his arms above his head, releasing a casual yawn before pointing at each of the other light producing objects. "Those tubes, as you call them, are known as stasis pods and they keep our bodies from wearing down when we aren't active." Another slight yawn before getting up to his feet and walking over to the blue pod. "As far as what you are, that is a tad more complicated but far as I can easily say you are a soldier in the army of our most glorious emperor." He gives a slight chuckle to the sarcastic tone he had used before giving a slight knock on the top of the pod in front of him. Inside was a young woman who appeared to be in her mid to late twenties at the most, a sort of visor covering her eyes making it hard to tell if she was sleeping or not.

Visual:
Back to top Go down
Braddleborn

Braddleborn

SOLDIER Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOLDIER   SOLDIER Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 6:09 pm

I'd listen to the mans explanation of the pods and I'd give a disgruntled sigh as he gave me the same stale response every other person I asked had given me. As he went to the other pod I'd say "Well what does us being a 'solider for this glorious empire' actually entail me to do? And will they ever tell me how I got here?"
Back to top Go down
Jeraldo
Admin
Jeraldo

SOLDIER Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOLDIER   SOLDIER Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 6:39 pm

The man looks at you and shrugs as the pod lid begins to open, "honestly that's all I can say without giving you bad intel. This little lady however, now she has a better understanding of our situation." The woman sits up in her pod, stretching and yawning like the man had when he woke up, she then turns her head to look at you through her visor. "So you are unit 1331, still unassigned a code name as of yet. I am known as unit 936, code name Splash. We are both members of the special operations unit of assassins sent into battle fields deemed unfit for normal units where the cost would be to high. Does this suffice?" She sort of cocks her head, adding a sliver of humanity to her otherwise highly robotic way of holding herself.
Back to top Go down
Braddleborn

Braddleborn

SOLDIER Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOLDIER   SOLDIER Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 7:02 pm

I'd inspect the woman and come to the conclusion that she was much more robot than human if what we were was a gradient of sorts. It seemed I was thrown into some covert operations group and it looked like the only way to gain any intel on what I was, was to listen to the others like me and hope to gain some insight. I would nod my head and look at her visor before saying "I guess that will have to do, but what did you mean by me not having a codename?" I'd look between the two of them easily picking out the differences making one more robotic than the other, it even seemed to trickle down to the way they carried themselves.
Back to top Go down
Jeraldo
Admin
Jeraldo

SOLDIER Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOLDIER   SOLDIER Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 9:34 pm

The two units look at each other for a moment and then shrug slightly, "If I were to guess it all has to do with you never going out in the field as of yet. I'm sure they'll name you after that. Or maybe on the way out, never sure with the higher ups." Splash gives a slight nod before stretching her arms and yawning slightly, "Well I don't know about you guys but I could use a bite to eat." She raises her hand over a part of the wall that looks no different from the rest and a light shines before a door slides down into the floor, creating a path into a long well lit hallway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SOLDIER Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOLDIER   SOLDIER Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SOLDIER
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
L5R Bushido :: Active Games :: Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition-
Jump to: